At Langdon Waterworks we take the environment pretty seriously, and hold our business practices to the ecologically positive concepts of reduce, reuse and recycle. Drinking water is one of the most needed and important resources in the world, one that is only truly renewable if it is effectively managed and used wisely.
- We require that operators and administration staff use the most environmentally friendly practices possible to treat and distribute the potable water used by the community.
- Our equipment and facilities meet or exceed all government mandated rules or regulations for environmental impact.
- Langdon Waterworks requires that all new residential and business construction to have dual-flush toilets and low flow fixtures. This aids in the reduction of potable water demands daily, and ensures that less water is wasted.
- Langdon Waterworks encourages the use of underground, timed irrigation systems. We also encourage the use of drought resistant shrubs, flowers, and other vegetation used in landscaping to help preserve our treated water for human consumption.
- Langdon Waterworks will research and implement other water saving methods which will better the environment and the health of the public.
It is our philosophy that water is a precious and important resource and one that should be used as sparingly and as efficiently as possible. Proper water stewardship benefits the environment in many ways; including reduced sewage treatment and disposal needs and costs, an increase to service population, reduction of energy and chemical costs, and the reduction of wasting water in general.
It is our plan to work towards using our website presence to help reduce the need for paperwork and for paper billing in the community.