What is Personal Information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include business contact information (such as an individual's name, title, business address, business phone and fax number) when such information is collected, used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
Langdon collects and maintains different types of personal information about our customers, including:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- product and service related information concerning products and services that we provide to you;
- credit and financial information such as your payment methods and preferences and billing and credit history;
- your transaction history with us for any or all products or services you may have obtained from us. This could include billings, products and services purchased, and payment information; and
- customer relationship information such as customer service requests and feedback and information requested or provided by or from you.
Why Do We Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information?
Langdon collects, uses, and discloses personal information to enable us to manage and develop our business and operations, including to:
- establish and maintain relations with you so that we may provide you with the services that have been requested (for example, we will use your personal information to establish your identity and location so that we may accurately deliver, bill and collect for the services that you request);
- enable a company or individual hired or employed by Langdon to perform functions on our behalf, such as meter-reading, billing and customer service, technology support and archival and back-up services;
- be able to review the services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our services and so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- be able to inform you of our services other than those that you have specifically requested, including sending you information promoting our other products and services;
- be able to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you);
- protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- enable us to undertake our environmental, health and safety activities, including incident planning, response and investigation;
- enable us to work with a third party to safely handle billing, collecting and accounting matters;
- enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements (for example, we may collect personal information to satisfy the obligations imposed on us by various regulatory boards or agencies); and
- meet any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
In addition, personal information may be disclosed or transferred to another party in the event of a change in ownership of all or part of Langdon.
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that collaborate with Langdon in the provision of services to you; and, third parties whose services we use to perform our services.
It is Langdon's policy not to sell or release our customers' personal information to any third party other than to provide for aforementioned services.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
Langdon endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If you have any questions or would like to update or access your personal information, please contact our customer service call center.
Inquiries or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Commitment please contact:
Mrs. C. Wright
Langdon Waterworks Limited
220, 355 Centre Street N., Langdon, Alberta T0J 1X2
Telephone: (403) 936-5161
Fax: (403) 936-5163
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless you advise otherwise, we will assume that you have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as explained within our Privacy Commitment.
Interpretation of this Privacy Commitment
This Privacy Commitment includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word 'including' is used, it shall mean 'including without limitation'. This Privacy Commitment only applies in respect of those activities that are subject to the provisions of Alberta's provincial privacy laws, as applicable.
In this Privacy Commitment, the words "we" or "Langdon" refers to Langdon Waterworks Limited and its subsidiary companies as they exist from time to time.
Additional information concerning our privacy obligations to you can be found at www.pipa.alberta.ca, which is the homepage for the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta).
This Privacy Commitment and the privacy practices described in this document are subject to the provisions of all applicable legislation and regulations.